Monday, April 8 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Multipurpose Academic & Administrative Bldg. (MPAA), 408
Multipurpose Academic and Administrative Building Irvine, CA 92697
If you are a student with an undergrad degree (or at least two years of coursework) in engineering, computer sciences or the hard sciences (chemistry, biology, physics, or related fields), and are interested in becoming a Patent Agent or Attorney, Practicing Law Institute (PLI) invites you to a presentation by Mark Dighton, PLI's Director of Law School Relations and a Director of their Patent Office Exam Course.
Topics for discussion include:
• The latest info on the Patent Office Exam,
• Who can take it,
• How it works, now that it's on computer and “on demand,”
• When you should take it (you don't need to…and probably shouldn't…wait until you graduate),
• How the America Invents Act and recent US Supreme Court cases have impacted the Exam, and
• Recommendations on when and how to study for this very difficult Exam.
Scholarships to PLI's other IP programs will also be discussed.
You may login with your UCINetID. No account creation is necessary
ALL OTHER USERS:
When creating an account, please create it with your first and last name, otherwise it may be deleted
NOTE ON EVENT SUBMISSION:
In order to submit events, users must have an UCI email address (@uci.edu). All events submitted by non-UCI users WILL be deleted.